"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take away everything you have."

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Red Corner of Montgomery County

Check out this recent article from The Washington Post, which profiles my hometown of Damascus, MD, and how dramatically it differs culturally and politically from the rest of Montgomery County. I'm sure our county will once again elect a slate of left-wing candidates to local, state, and federal offices, but thankfully the town I live in won't be to blame for that....

2 comments:

Anonymous J said...

There's a town in my area that has a similar problem. Seceding from the county comes up periodically up there (http://chicagoist.com/2009/04/07/secession_still_an_issue_in_palatin.php).

Does that ever come up in your town?

Natedawg said...

Haha...that's very interesting. As far as I know that has never come up in Damascus. Maybe I should propose it!